787 Starter Fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I am researching starters for the 787. I happened to look at the 787 RFI Starter and it has a different part number than the 1996. I am curious about this different part numbers on the same engine. I am about to put a 1996 Starter on a 2001 RFI so we'll see just what the difference might be. LOL Preliminary, "stick it in there" fitment looks good. I looked at installing it before I looked at part numbers. I hope the ski can't read... maybe it won't notice. :D

Teeth on the bendix, either work. Let r rip. It just charges the starters torque. 8 tooth vs 9 iirc.

I have little experience with 787s and I may be corrected here but I'm fairly sure that the difference is the number\size of teeth

I remember reading something about that a while back. I'll check it out. I wonder if the one I am taking off was the correct one. LOL

Silver is the rfi starter, white is "typically" a carb starter until 98 when they went silver. But I think after 97? They are the same teeth......I THINK.

Teeth on the bendix, either work. Let r rip. It just charges the starters torque. 8 tooth vs 9 iirc.

Thanks for clearing that up. Being pretty new to these Seadoos I wonder if one would notice the difference in the sound of the starter? I'm gonna go with your experience bro. I like the way you think. LOL Appreciate it very much !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back