787 RFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm troublshooting a 787 GTI RFI for a lady. Some POS sold her a ski he bought for $200 and sold to her for $3000. Anyway it has been in the hands of 2 people that said there was nothing wrong with it yet... it has big issues.... so.... I'm just trying to help her out. I hate to see crap like this.

Anyway, I suspect the air pressure sensor is bad but I'm not sure that is the cause of the problem. The ski starts, revs and I have to keep playing with the throttle too keep it running and I can't keep it running for long. No idling at all. I did lots of checks, fuel pressure, compression, and am on the electronics. TPS checks out good but have a spare I can throw in there. I replaced the rectifier which looked horrible but apparently was working. :)

So the ski starts up, revs but won't hold any specific speed. This is on the trailer. I'm about to swap computers and fuel injectors but I'm wondering about the Air Pressure Sensor or anything else it could be. I've spent a lot of time camped out under the RFI's so I know my way around them but there is always something to learn. Help/input is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back