787 Crankshaft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyk205

I’m after some advice please.

I have a Seadoo 1800 challenger which I picked up last year. It had been sat for years and both engines have had water ingress. I have just stripped the first one down and removed the crank shaft with the pto still attached.
What is the best way to go about cleaning it up and checking if it needs replacing or rebuilding? If it has to be sent away then I’ll have to spend the money but I don’t want to just do it for the sake of it if it doesn’t need it.
I’m in the UK so getting hold of parts is more difficult. Same goes for the balance shaft as well.

Thanks in advance

First is it clean, any rust?
Spin the bearings, do they feel tight and smooth or loose and rough?

Safety solvent although I might be known to use very dangerous and explosive gasoline on occasion.

Absolutely and yes although you are going to have to find a way to hold the pto and the rear crank lobe. Whatever you do don’t twist the crank as all the pieces are pressed together and can be twisted out of phase.

Nope. I always pull it with the engine together and put a block of wood in the rear cylinder so I can unscrew the PTO without twisting the crank.

You want to clamp the rear crank web closest to the PTO.
Alos lots and lots of heat on the PTO helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back