717 DUAL CARB TO SINGLE CARBURETOR

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simplicity. 2 vs 1 carb... Ruling out problems.

Rebuilt carbs (dual) twice... second time with OEM parts, no change. Bought two more ski's identical with factory carbs that had not been into. Sent the carbs off to a "professional" for a rebuild at $220. Resulted in same problems as before.

Can buy a new OEM single for $230. I'd rather spend $230 for a NEW single factory carb as GUESS if the service is legitimate or messed up the first two rebuild attempts with completely different set of carbs.

Last edited:
I'm with miki,,,this not about carburation,,,most upgrades are single to dual carbs,,,

Simplicity. 2 vs 1 carb... Ruling out problems.

Rebuilt carbs (dual) twice... second time with OEM parts, no change. Bought two more ski's identical with factory carbs that had not been into. Sent the carbs off to a "professional" for a rebuild at $220. Resulted in same problems as before.

Can buy a new OEM single for $230. I'd rather spend $230 for a NEW single factory carb as GUESS if the service is legitimate or messed up the first two rebuild attempts with completely different set of carbs.

What are the symptoms or run issue? You'll really be disappointed if this dual to single carb doesn't work out. At this point I'd run through the list of other possibilities.

After a lot of changes, including another set of dual carbs with multiple tuning attempts, lots of spark plugs and about everything else you can imagine with the fuel system...

Turns out the voltage regulator went bad. After riding yesterday noticed the voltage spiked to 16.8 for a moment and then went back down to 13.8 riding (have a auxiliary gauge installed).

Starts immediately now, havn't had it on water yet, although it's not started this good in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back