657x problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bayraptor

I just had my 657x for my seadoo speedster rebuilt.I set the timing on the stator where the old marks on the stator where.This stator came from another engine not this one. This one had a five wire on it and my speedster need a 4 wire so I just switch them out I also set the rotary valve in at 147 now when i try to start it just kinda pops and when it pops the engine cranking slows down,It never does start but does have a small amount of smoke out of the exhaust.Im just looking for something to go after ignition timing, rotary valve timing? it does have spark on both cylinders and both cylinders load up on fuel real quick I just dont know where to start ..Dan

Well I tried messing with the base timing to no advail you can move the stator in any direction with no differnece still does the pop thing.i also rechecked spark has constant good spark im going to pull it back out and recheck the rotary valve timeing tomarrow

Timing....

Setting the timing via the armature plate is a pretty involved task. You cannot use the old marks, they are no good. You'll have to have a timing light and make a scribe mark on the PTO hub after bringing the engine to TDC.

To type out this procedure, I'd need a couple pages. You'd be better served by reading the procedure from the manual...........:cheers:

I pulled the engine back out to get a good look at things I rechecked the rotary valve timing looks perfect pulled the flywheel off key is there looked inside the flywheel and compared it to some other 657 flywheels I noticed the one i had on this engine the magnets where in a different position then on the other one is there a difference in years or anything like that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back