5 start presses - what does it do?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

H€PHÆ$TU$

The other day one of my keys quit working. Annoying but my other key still works so oh well I guess. But I read on the net to try pressing the start button 5 times without the key in. It didn't help but it did cause a double beep followed by a single beep. I repeated this a few times just to verify.

What exactly is pressing 5 times doing? This isn't anywhere in my shop manual.

Googling revels this to be advanced diagnostics mode. And my beeps don't make any sense from my reading so maybe I'm recalling them wrong. But for future reference, what can be done in advanced diagnostics mode?

Help! Decipher advanced diagnostic beeps..

Copied it over

Here is all the info on the DESS codes. It is possiable that you are getting a mixed code.
DESS Codes/ Beeps
2 Short beeps …the engine is ready to start
1 Long beep …no communication to MPEM
4 Short beeps… (on Jet Boats) Shifter is in gear
8 Short beeps…defective MPEM
1 Continual beep…engine over heating

Advanced Self- Diagnostic Mode

By pushing the start/stop button 5 times, you’re putting the DESS in advanced diagnostics. When you have successfully done this, you'll hear 1 short, 1 long beep then, put on the lanyard cap. The engines should start if everything is ok.

2 Short beeps means MPEM can’t read the lanyard cap or it has bad magnet. It could be a bad wire connection at the Lanyard switch.
2 Long beeps means wrong lanyard or bad connection of DESS connection
3 beeps signal the wiring harness of the DESS switch are grounded, or a short circuit somewhere.

Should be everything, look in the manual, perhaps the previous posted missed something. But it's not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back