4th of July!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

treyk03

There is supposed to be a fireworks show going on at acworth beach. Thinking we could tie up all the DOO's bring some friends and sit back and have a good time

I know there is supposed to be a fireworks show on acworth beach. I will be taking the boat out around 2-3 PM and just relaxin on the lake.

July 44th weekend

A few friends & I are planning a trip to lake Weiss this Friday, any body want to ride ????
Has anyone been to lake keowee ????? and if so, how was your experience ??

Last edited by a moderator:
4th of JULY

We took the challenger up to the fireworks at the yacht club near Park Marina. Amazing there were sooooo many boats it was KRAZY!!!! If nobody went yall really missed out. It's sunday July 6th. I might go out on the boat alittle today. Not sure

Cove 9E

If my son gets back from FL at a decent time, we will go out today. The boat is in front of the house with the cover off waiting. :) Hopefully he will get back in a little bit.

We may take both units out, but I'm not sure yet. My wife has a friend that lives near Marine Max and may get us a slip for the rest of the summer at a discount. :hurray: That way we can just hop in and go. I will leave the boat and the doo there.

I need to pick up one of those allatoona maps. Im guessing 9E is close to woodstock since thats where your located.

Maps

They do help for sure. The bigger isthmus' are marked. If you were sitting in front of the dam, (looking away from the dam) you would see Park Marina to your right, follow the right shoreline towards little river. As you go around the corner, you will see a long straightaway, 9E is about 3/4 the way down on the left. It was packed with house boats and large yachts on the 4th. It is usually a very quiet cove, but the deep water is good for the big boats.

There are many little coves within the larger area, knocking down the waves and making a good base to run the doo.

If you keep going, the lake winds back to the left, then right, after you make the right, Illinois Creek is on the left. They get kind crazy over there on the holidays. (Many smaller boats and alot of go fasts.) If you keep going past Illinois Creek you will hit the sailboat area. They have a regatta just about every weekend. (You have watch out for them, they move slow.) :)

They do help for sure. The bigger isthmus' are marked. If you were sitting in front of the dam, (looking away from the dam) you would see Park Marina to your right, follow the right shoreline towards little river. As you go around the corner, you will see a long straightaway, 9E is about 3/4 the way down on the left. It was packed with house boats and large yachts on the 4th. It is usually a very quiet cove, but the deep water is good for the big boats.

There are many little coves within the larger area, knocking down the waves and making a good base to run the doo.

If you keep going, the lake winds back to the left, then right, after you make the right, Illinois Creek is on the left. They get kind crazy over there on the holidays. (Many smaller boats and alot of go fasts.) If you keep going past Illinois Creek you will hit the sailboat area. They have a regatta just about every weekend. (You have watch out for them, they move slow.) :)

I will like to check out the sailboats area, r u talking about the channel to the right before Illinois creek ?????

So what's up for this weekend, Allatoona, Lanier, Weiss, Keowee ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Sailboat

No, well, sorta, you have to continue heading towards Kellogg Creek in the main channel of the lake. (If you look on Mapquest, look up yacht club dr in woodstock. It will bring you to the marina where most of the boats are moored.)

I hope to be on Allatoona this weekend....

Back