4tec Trouble Codes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have gotten 2 codes from my 03 4TEC - P1665 and P1202
How do I find out what they mean?
Can I get a list of all codes and meanings for future reference?

"P" codes?

Hello Dennis and welcome to the forum.
The "P" codes your asking about, appears to be related to your TPS (throttle position sensor). The fault has two categories, the code refers to either your TPS is out of range, or an adaption failure.
While you are capable of using the PWC's onboard diagnostic to see these faults, your not really capable of doing much about it. The "vehicle communication kit", which is used by your local seadoo mechanic, uses this tool to diagnose and reset the parameters that are out of range in your ECM (electronic control module), using the B.U.D.S. (bombardier utility and diagnostic systems software). These two systems more or less replaced the purpose of the MPEM (multipurpose electronic module) programmer in the 4-TEC series.
While there are defined explanations to several of the "P" codes in the manual that the user is capable of understanding and basically working with, several of the "P" codes are only repairable by the mechanic, therefore, aren't even listed in the manual. Your 1202 code was, listed as a problem in your TPS. But the repair seems to be localized to a parameter change that can only be done with the VCK.
Premium membership will allow you access to this same information and then some, by looking at the same library that I just used to research an answer for you. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fault codes!

Dennis, I have found more information on the fault codes on the 4-TEC engine. Are you sure of the correct number for the 1665? There are a lot of listings in the 1600's, but not for 1665.
The 1202 explains that it can be caused by the oil tank pressure switch or the blow by valve still closed.
I found a better listing explaining the fault codes in the 2005 4-TEC shop manual. I see your a premium member now, so you have access to this manual. There is only 2 years difference, so I think there will probably be little or no difference. I believe the infor starts on page 79.....but it's in the componet adjustment chapter, just under the engine managment section. The other manual for the 2003 was for the DI and RFI engine also. So this 2005 is directly for the 4-TEC. I hope this is a little better info for you.

You might be on to something about the code P1665 being real. I was not with the ski at the time. I am now told that the code was read by a less than sober female passenger who,lets face it, doesn't care anyway. Sorry about that. I thought I was dealing with a reliable source.
Now, code P1202
I've witnessed this code MYSELF in the past. The local dealer says that SEA DOO has updated the oil pressure switches because of past problems. Retail for both $50.00 and they have them in stock. I'm going to install these and I'll let you know what happens.
THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HELP!
IT'S GREAT TO BE A MEMBER!
I'LL TELL EVERYONE
DENNIS

Your Welcome!

Your welcome Dennis and glad to have you with the forum. I think it may still be worth your time to go into that manual I told you about. It will give you the step by step instructions on taking the 4-TEC into diagnostic mode and also how to use the beep codes. Really good reading.
Thanks for joining and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to post, or PM me or any other member and we should have you an answer within a 24 hour time frame.
Good luck...............................:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back