4Tec Boats - Please post your max RPM and Speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lake Ontario, in Etobicoke/ Mississauga, no wind, no waves, early Saturday morning, 2010 Speedster 155 HP, near full tank of 89 Octane gas (Shell bronze), Driver plus two passengers, total people weight approx 495 lb. Max speed GPS, 78 km /hr = 48 mph at 7350 rpm . Forgot to check rpm's at 30mph, (next time). What a great boating day, probably go again on coming weekend .

Last edited by a moderator:
Lake Ontario, no wind, no waves, early Saturday morning, 2010 Speedster 155 HP, near full tank of 89 Octane gas (Shell bronze), Driver plus two passengers, total people weight approx 495 lb. Max speed GPS, 78 km /hr = 48 mph at 7350 rpm . Forgot to check rpm's at 30mph, (next time). What a great boating day.

Hello Gordo,
Where abouts exactly were you boating? I was on Lake Ontario Saturday (and Sunday)! The next couple of days look great as well!

That is very interesting - I managed to get my RPMs to around 7100 RPMs but max speed of 41 mph! I can't imagine what a thrill it would be gaining those extra couple of miles!

Last edited by a moderator:
2004 seadoo speedster 310hp 2nd ed. Last Saturday I got 7300rpm avg, at 47mph was a little choppy though. 30mph at about 4500rpm

2007 challenger 180 SE Full tank of premium. 2 passenger (360lbs) passengers. Full cooler, heavy chop. 7800 to 7850 Wife in the bow. 41 dash speedometer.

I pack the majority of that passenger weight, but find the boat is very sensitive to weight and weigh distribution. Ask the lady to set in the back, process the consumables, burn half a tank, find some smooth water and I can hit mid 40s.

To Summarize: The boat is always a blast, but performs best right before I put it on the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back