Speed, RPM and SYNC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JK230SP

Last post for today.

There was another thread that mentioned expected top speed and associated RPM.

The other day I took a picture when running near full throttle simply because it felt so good to have nearly 100% of the speed designed into the boat while the RPM / motors were in Sync. Something very satisfying about driving a smooth operating boat at top speed....even though it is nine years old. I have 118 hours on the starboard and around 40 hours on the port engine (replaced by dealer two seasons ago after a supercharger failure immediately after they overhauled it). In the picture I am seeing around 52 MPH into a fairly strong headwind with the motors running at 7600 RPM. This is a 2012 230 SP with twin 215hp Rotax. I think I had at least 1/2 tank of fuel, as I have often hit around 54mph with no wind.

Close to Top Speed.jpg

Thanks JK! Is your orange/white vinyl original? It looks sharp. So you run your tunes on your phone and your nav on the Helix 7. Definitely ship-shape.

Thanks JK! Is your orange/white vinyl original? It looks sharp. So you run your tunes on your phone and your nav on the Helix 7. Definitely ship-shape.
I bought her in 2018 with only 25 hours on the motors. I waited for the SeaDek sale pm Jet Boat Pilot in 2019 and got rid of the factory carpets. Then I noticed that people started talking about230 SP 2020 1.jpg having trouble buying replacement cushions online. I replaced pretty much every one over the next year as I could find available cushions and decent pricing. Leaders RPM was probably the source with the most. I did not replace the captain's chairs, however. None of my cushions were torn, but once I discovered how much firmer the new ones were, I thought it would be a good investment to replace them before the stock was gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back