4Tec Boats - Please post your max RPM and Speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

It seems that there are conflicting information for RPMs vs Speed - I'd like to start a chart and update it with the information. Please post your info (Model, Fuel grade, Max RPMs and max speed..if possible RPMs at 30 mph too (cruising)) and I will maintain this post and update the chart.

I know many factors influence this, especially the number/weight of the passengers - try to assume 1 - 2 passengers.

* Will organize chart by model/engine/year as I get more data

ModelFuel GradeRPMs @ 30mphMax Speed and RPMs
2005 sportster 215hp7800-7900 55-57
2006 Sportster 155 hp91 OCT Fuel5500 RPMs39 mph @ 6950 RPMs
2008 challenger 180 215hp47-48 mph [MENTION=23483]790[/MENTION]0R
2010 Challenger 210SE 310hp7200RPM. 47MPH
2010 Challenger 210 SE 430 hp91 OCT Fuel45-51 mph @ 7800 rpm
2012 Challenger 210 SE 430hp5500 RPMs53mph @ 8000 RPMs
2012 210 Challenger SE 43054 mph @ 8000 rpm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

I have a 2012 Challenger 210 SE 430hp. I get around 53mph @ 8000 RPMs. If I remember correctly, at 30 mphs, I'm at 5500 RPMs. Will differently check next time I'm out on the lake.

I've been looking at a 2004 sportster 4-tec, 155hp. I didn't realize that 39 mph was the top speed. Was planning on a test ride this weekend.

I've been looking at a 2004 sportster 4-tec, 155hp. I didn't realize that 39 mph was the top speed. Was planning on a test ride this weekend.

I may have an odd one - this is why I am doing this chart - I read forum posts where they stated max speed was around 40, whereas others said 50.

max speed should be higher then 40. I think you will find that most boats (aside from the 300+hp models) have a top end in the low 50s

I have a 2010 Challenger 210 SE 430 hp. Top speed is between 45-51 mph @ 7800 rpm. My usual lake is 1660 ft in elevation and the air temperature is between 90-115 F. I always run 91 octane summer blend gas.

My top speed varies depending on who is in the boat and where they sit. Just moving someone from the front of the boat to the back can make a 3 mph difference. I also assume all the stuff we pack in the boat makes a difference.

So many variables. I wonder how each affects top speed?

You raise an interesting question. For instance how much difference is a full tank of gas verses mainly empty? Perfectly smooth water verses a little chop? Cold day verses heat wave? I'd love to know

2005 sportster 215hp motor 7800-7900 55-57mph gps.
2008 challenger 180 215hp motor 7900 47-48 mph. Both tested with total passenger weight around 300lb. 400ft elevation lake.

2012 210 Challenger SE 430 54 mph @ 8000 rpm full tank. Don't recall a difference if it was just me or with another passenger.
Same results after ET 127 wheel install, lets say 480 hp maybe??? Ordering new impellers.....

2010 Challenger 210SE 310hp.

7200RPM. 47MPH Peak.
[video=youtube_share;mfJEbZesX3c]https://youtu.be/mfJEbZesX3c[/video]

I have a 2010 Challenger 210 SE 430 hp. Top speed is between 45-51 mph @ 7800 rpm. My usual lake is 1660 ft in elevation and the air temperature is between 90-115 F. I always run 91 octane summer blend gas.

My top speed varies depending on who is in the boat and where they sit. Just moving someone from the front of the boat to the back can make a 3 mph difference. I also assume all the stuff we pack in the boat makes a difference.

You raise an interesting question. For instance how much difference is a full tank of gas verses mainly empty? Perfectly smooth water verses a little chop? Cold day verses heat wave? I'd love to know

Good point! I wonder the same too. As the passenger weight plays a huge role - lets put the values based on 1 - 2 passengers. If you add the extra details such as temp, elevation etc in your respective post, this would be great and helpful for others :)

Top rpm about 7800/50 with a top mph of 46/47.

What boat is this for?

This was a few years ago, right after I bought the boat (used) and we took it to the coast. It's a Sony Action Cam and, yes, it has an integrated GPS. You use the Sony application to overlay it on the videos you take with it. I love that capability. Has great stabilization, too - notice the boat moving, but the camera remaining relatively steady.

I use this camera when boating and wheeling (my winter hobby). Shockproof, waterproof, etc... Can't recommend them enough over the GoPro...

This was a few years ago, right after I bought the boat (used) and we took it to the coast. It's a Sony Action Cam and, yes, it has an integrated GPS. You use the Sony application to overlay it on the videos you take with it. I love that capability. Has great stabilization, too - notice the boat moving, but the camera remaining relatively steady.

I use this camera when boating and wheeling (my winter hobby). Shockproof, waterproof, etc... Can't recommend them enough over the GoPro...

Thanks for the info!

Yes I agree with the Sony Action cam being better than the GoPro. I've used both for scuba diving, and the Sony also happens to have a setting for underwater that works quite well. But the image stabilization is much better.

Yes I agree with the Sony Action cam being better than the GoPro. I've used both for scuba diving, and the Sony also happens to have a setting for underwater that works quite well. But the image stabilization is much better.

Sounds great. I'm looking into buying one.

Here's a video of my 06 180. The same setup did 48 when the water was cold, but 45 is all I could get out of it that day.
RPM at 30MPH is usually around 6000.

Water temp 24C/76F
Air temp 26C/79F
Single Occupant with 3/4 tank of fuel
Solas 14/19
4" intake

[video=youtube_share;W8ffghXp_Iw]https://youtu.be/W8ffghXp_Iw[/video]

Here's a video of my 06 180. The same setup did 48 when the water was cold, but 45 is all I could get out of it that day.
RPM at 30MPH is usually around 6000.

Water temp 24C/76F
Air temp 26C/79F
Single Occupant with 3/4 tank of fuel
Solas 14/19
4" intake

[video=youtube_share;W8ffghXp_Iw]https://youtu.be/W8ffghXp_Iw[/video]

I see you got an ActionCam. Nice!!

2010 210 challenger 310hp 40mph top speed, not sure what the max rpm is on that I think it was around 7000. That's @ 3500 feet.

Was back out @ the same lake yesterday. 5 people on the boat & pretty smooth conditions. Hit 43mph @ 7000 rpm on gps & analog speedometer. 2010 210 challenger 310hp.

Something else I saw that was interesting.

On my 210 430 I set the display to show instant fuel burn. At WOT I expected to see 38 gph, but I only saw 29 gph. I never looked at this before so I have no idea what it should be, or if it is even accurate.

Since my engines never really reach 8000 rpm, I guess I expected it to be less than 38, but not as low as 29.

Does anyone have an knowledge about actual fuel burn, or even an opinion on what the display should say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back