4 wire flat question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

luckysaturn13

I have a 4 wire flat set up for my 94 xp. it does left turn, right turn, and running lights for night and a ground wire. They dont however run the brake light. is this normal? in the instructions it talks about making sure the lights all work on the car before hook up and list brake lights and running lights seperate so its all hooked up per directions but i just figured they would light up for the brake lights 2. My girlriends g pa said it prob dont have brake lights becasue you can still see them on the car because its a small trailer. how do yours work?

The brake lights should work if both L-R signals work. They use the same filament as the turn signals, just both go on at same time. Contolled by the vehicle. Check the voltage at the plug from vehicle. Maybe the problem is the vehicle wiring. Who did it?

i have 2 brake light bulbs on each side and a turn signal bulb. I wired the left turn to the positive wire on the left turn. same for right. I ll pull it apart in a few to c what i did with the brake light wire.

Sounds like a different setup than I expected... two brake light bulbs..I guess they are wired in parallel, but original hypothesis still stands. For a 4 wire, the brake should power both sides filaments. each bulb usually has two filaments. I think it is a 57 bulb. One filament is the running lights, low wattage. Thwe other is used for both turn and brake.

The Green & Yellow wire work as the turn signals and brake lights. The Brown is the running lights and the White is the Ground. If the turn signals are working correctly on the trailer and the brake lights arent working you should check to see how your plug is wired up on your car. Did you use the adapter that plugs directly into your existing cars wireing harness or did someone wire it themselves. If so test the plug on your car, have someone puch the brake pedal while you use a test light checking to see if you are getting any power to your plug.

I'm a Draw-Tite trailer hitch dealer. Most likely you will need a converter for the car to operate the trailer lights properly. It depends on you vehicle. An easy way to check is to see if you have amber directions on your car. If so your brake and directional are different lights/ bulbs. If you have red directionals your brake and directional is the same bulb.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back