4 tech seadoo boats and skis the same?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug13

I can find a lot more videos and info on the skis over the boats and I assume the skis are basically the as the boats just a few things different am I correct in this?

The boats and PWCs use lots of the same parts. The motors and pumps are all basically the same with very few changes. You will finds just about every repair/winterization video will fallow both the boats and PWC's spread across many years of watercraft. I find if you are looking for a particular video find one that has the same size engine and you can easily follow along.

Are you looking for something in particular?

Thanks for the info! That what I thought but wasn't sure, no I was just looking stuff in general I guess. I think I will probably be doing the carbon rings before spring so just looking at different stuff on them and other things

Everything is the same except the ECU on most or all of the boats. Just did both rings same was PWC. I have a video online.

Everything is the same except the ECU on most or all of the boats. Just did both rings same was PWC. I have a video online.
Were can I find your video? What all tools did you get and stuff? I still need to get the bellows and O rings but I do have the carbon rings and shoulder. I may look at changing the oil in the jet pump and cone and stuff while I have it all apart. I have no idea what has been done to the boat since I just bought it last summer. I have a water leak some were so I'm starting with the carbon ring since it has about 90 hrs on her now. I just can't seem to find it yet. Spring projects

I needed a couple of socket sizes and extensions to remove the jet pump. I needed a star socket to remove the super charger.

I used a door panel puller to wedge against the steel hose clamp and push back to depress the bellow.

I just some marine grease on the shaft and a towel to wipe the seal and steel ring clean.

The best order to me is as follows, used a tool, to depress the bellow, at the carbon ring's hose clamp, once depressed it will allows the steel ring to push toward the bellow and expose a c-clip. The c-clip is housed under that steel ring so depressing the bellow and moving the ring towards it is the only way to expose the ring. Using a screw driver dislodge the c-clip. You can now release the bellow. You can then take the jet pump off and now that the c-clip is removed you can pull the drive shaft out. Once the drove shaft is out inspect it grease it and perpare the new carbon ring and steel ring and hose clamps. Slide the shaft into the boat then put the seals on the shaft. Then continue pushing the shaft back Into the engine until the splines are in again in the engine. I suggest to put the jetpump back on then depress the bellow by pushing on the steel hose clamp at the carbon ring. Slide the steel ring towards the bellow again and insert the c-clip in the groove you removed it from on the shaft.

Once again the supercharger just gives you more space of you remove it and is not necessary. Make sure the grease from the shaft is not on the carbon ring and steel Ring so wipe clean once you push the shaft thru the hull and from the engine bay slide the rings on.

It's a easy job that looks harder than it is.

I needed a couple of socket sizes and extensions to remove the jet pump. I needed a star socket to remove the super charger.

I used a door panel puller to wedge against the steel hose clamp and push back to depress the bellow.

I just some marine grease on the shaft and a towel to wipe the seal and steel ring clean.

The best order to me is as follows, used a tool, to depress the bellow, at the carbon ring's hose clamp, once depressed it will allows the steel ring to push toward the bellow and expose a c-clip. The c-clip is housed under that steel ring so depressing the bellow and moving the ring towards it is the only way to expose the ring. Using a screw driver dislodge the c-clip. You can now release the bellow. You can then take the jet pump off and now that the c-clip is removed you can pull the drive shaft out. Once the drove shaft is out inspect it grease it and perpare the new carbon ring and steel ring and hose clamps. Slide the shaft into the boat then put the seals on the shaft. Then continue pushing the shaft back Into the engine until the splines are in again in the engine. I suggest to put the jetpump back on then depress the bellow by pushing on the steel hose clamp at the carbon ring. Slide the steel ring towards the bellow again and insert the c-clip in the groove you removed it from on the shaft.

Once again the supercharger just gives you more space of you remove it and is not necessary. Make sure the grease from the shaft is not on the carbon ring and steel Ring so wipe clean once you push the shaft thru the hull and from the engine bay slide the rings on.

It's a easy job that looks harder than it is.
Thanks so much for your information! I was hoping this was easier then I keep reading or watching but I haven't talked to anyone who has done it. Thanks again!

It's pretty easy. If I had to change em again it would take about 20 mins. First time took an hour. Just need the confidence boost of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back