4 tec will not start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

btdoo

Had weak battery and replaced it today, tried starter...nothing. Small buzz sound in engine compartment when key connected, traced to computer unit??? Has long 32 pin lead and round 7 pin lead and fuse box, buzz stops when 7 pin lead disconnected. Am I in big $$$ trouble?

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you may not have hooked up all the cables that go to the battery. In my 2004 sportster there are 2 negative cables and 1 positive cable. I once did this myself and did not hook up the second negative cable to the battery. I heard a similar noise in the engine compartment when the key was on the post. Then I noticed that there was a second cable (slipped under engine when disconnected) that needed to be connected.

Take a very good look around and make sure the cables are connected correctly. If this is not the problem let us know and we'll dig a bit deeper.

Just checked, has 2 grd wires and 1 pos connected to battery. Buzz still there and NO start. Help please.

is your new battery fully charged?? Don't assume that because it's new it's got a full charge!! Check it with a meter to make sure you have a proper charge on it.

12.4 volts, other accessories (blower,etc) work well so assume battery is OK. Can a voltage spike have gotten past fuse to control unit?

Wonder if I could have fuse trouble at box behind gauges? All fuses good at control unit in engine compartment (this is where the 7 pin connector buzzes)

Thanks to Devonte007, yes ground wire troubles, cleaned up and now starts like new. Forum comes thru again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back