4 tec 155 engine surge .

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseboat

At idle all the way up to 6000 rpm my engine has a 200 rpm surge,not a miss but a surge,but at wot you don't have the surge,could use any help..

I think the most effective, easiest, and least expensive first step is to change the spark plugs for any driveability issue. Sometimes plugs don’t fire correctly at different loads and RPM and they can confuse even the best technicians. So for about $10 I would start with that and if you need to go further, you at least know you have good plugs.

I think the most effective, easiest, and least expensive first step is to change the spark plugs for any driveability issue. Sometimes plugs don’t fire correctly at different loads and RPM and they can confuse even the best technicians. So for about $10 I would start with that and if you need to go further, you at least know you have good plugs.
Ok will do..Will keep informed.

One of my skis does this too, but the range is greater than 200 RPM (no DTCs). I read a reply from Ski-Doo a while back where he stated this is an issue with the ECU. I live with it. Other than the surging, it runs like a stabbed rat. The surge is really noticeable when I'm flushing the cooling system (no drag on the jet-pump).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back