4-Beeps 2007 Challenger 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerOne

OK Im looking to find out what the 4 beeps mean when I install the key DESS. The boat starts fine, and I hope this continues:) The manual says that the post or the key needs to be cleaned. Is this a problem with the post going bad? Or the key? Is the standard 2 beeps? Any help with this would be good to know. Thanks in Advance.

4 beeps means you are not in neutral when starting or when the key is left on the post without running the engine. This is to remind you so you don't run down the battery.

Getting four beeps. My neutral switch is good. Tested and finally jumped it just because I doubted testing it. All worked. It will start even though beeping four times. Once I pull the Dess key or terminate the battery source and reconnect the Dess or battery the check engine light comes on, 4 beeps continue, and the boat will not start. I’ll wait 45-60 minutes go back out and will start continuously until I disconnect the key or main battery again. Always beeping four times though. It will be hard to leave the battery on all day with fours beeps on the lake!

Have video of starting it three times pulling key, replacing, engine light coming on and no more starting. Video too large to attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back