3d acceleration compared to 96 xp..??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

true520

Hey guys,

I just love the way the 3d looks...I am very familiar with the 787 xps. I curerently have have (2) 96 xps and (2) 97 xps....

So, you can tell I am a fan of the 787. I actually use the 96s to go to the ocean and jump waves...Even tho I like the way a 97 rides and handles better on the lake, it lacked the acceleration needed to enjoy the short choppy waves of Charleston.

So, will the 3d fall somewhere in the middle, or closer to the 96 or 97?

Thanks, Mitch

Has the same hull as the 97, so will probably be comparable. The DI on the other hand blows the 800XP's doors off.

which model of the 3d you looking at? as far as i know they only came with the 951 carbed in the earlier models and then the last year of production the used the 951 di. since its a stand up hybrid it will prob be a mix between the x4 handeling with the power and acceleration of a 98-04 xp-l. this is all just a guess on my part tho, i've never riden on. hell i can't even find one lol.

the one I was last looking at was Red and white...I thought it was the 05. And, I am almost positive she had a 787 under the hood.

Hmmm...that was a good point about having the same hull as the 97...does it weigh close to the same as a 97 XP.

by the way, the 97 XP is my favorite lake ski, but she takes off way slow... I havent ridden a Di, but my 951 xp isnt close to pulling out of the hole like any of the 96xps I have ridden...
but the 951 does pull better that the 97 xp, so maybe a 951 Di 3d would be pretty cool...:cool:

Ok....so, I actually have a 97 and a 98 xp now...and I must say, I do like how the 951 pulls out of the water better, but I have often been warned "not to get water in the cylinder of the 951s"

Sooo, am I correct in thinking the Di is better sealed than a carb motor...??

If so, then it looks like the 951 Di may be the way to go with a 3d...right?

I love my 07 3D DI. Owned it for a few years now and have no problems with ingestion. My 98 XPL otoh blew up with 50 hours on it from ingestion, even with the recall work. So hopefully they solved that problem. The deeper V hull needs all the power it can get for a good hole shot vs the X2 hull.

Wow...thanks for all the info guys...I didnt know they made them as late as 07. I looked at an 2005 today that was suppose to have 45 hours...it looked pretty good, but I think he said it had the 787 motor..?? I thought 05 was when they went to the 951...?

Thanks again.

I've owned both, the DI is far superior. The 787 is greatly underpowered where the DI will jump out of the water and has a much stronger top end as well. The 04 and 05 had other issues as well, like the leaning at idle, running on 1 cyl at low throttle to save gas but plugs foul, just annoying in general. They got it right in 06 with the DI, only complaint is that the battery is in the rear compartment and you have to unscrew like 10 bolts just to get to it.

how late do they make them? And, to be honest, I havent saw any past 05 for sale....so either people are hanging on to them, or there wasnt many sold...

04 and 05 were white/yellow or white/red and had the 787 RFI, 06 and 07 were black/red and had the 951 DI. that's all that were made and maybe known as the biggest SeaDoo flop ever as far as sales go. In 08 and 09, you could buy a brand new 07 3D for $4k, they just unloaded them but they are out there, you just have to look.

Well...if you see a good 06 or 07...pass the info my way. I found a hald dozen 04s....and a few 05s. I would love to find a leftover now! LOL

I know, I know...we are way past 07 now...but I can remember it like it was yesterday! LOL

I found an 06 that is 6-something hours away.... :banghead:

If it was 3...i would just go get it... OR, OR, if I really knew I would like them....

decisions decisions decisions.

Anyone got an 06 close to NC on here?

in 06 they switched to 951. 05 is still 787 rfi

That is correct:) as i have this model. The red and white was the 05 and had the 787 rfi. The red and black is the 06-07 models with both DI? correct me if im wrong on that, as i know for sure the 07's had DI but unsure about the 06's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back