3 hours on new top end

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
update

Got parts from parker in today and have both carbs at 142.5 high speed jets now. This is what the book calls for. The 147.5 I used on the pto was from another book and for the xp or something, not the boat. Changed pop off springs and went from low 20's to low 30's (32 or 33 psi). Tested 3 times on both carbs and used some wd40 each time. Needle and seat held pressure fine also. No bubbles at 25+ psi.

Also rebuilt rave valves with new boots, rubber o rings and also put on lower boot small spring clamps from a 947. I was using zip ties as the book never called for any clamps. Turns out the 947 has the same rave vales and they used spring clamps on the lower part of the boot. New gaskets as well. The valves themselves and the bases have maybe 30 hours on them (factory seadoo goods here, not cheap) and I cleaned them till they shined.

Hoping I get 7k plus rpm, good color on plugs, and no oil blow by from the rave valves. Will go to lake tomorrow morning if not raining. 20% chance of rain, mid/high 80's, and partly cloudy. Not the best of days. Sunday though it will be sunny and 97. May wait till then. It s tough though. I really want to test this.

Boat was tested

Took her out yesterday and she was runing the best it had until it just stopped. I was running down a stretch of the lake just cruzing along about 6,700 rpm and then it was like I just pulled the lanyard off. I will do some research and possibly start another thread on this problem aftet I check all the fuses.

With the pop off now being in the low 30's it ran great thorugh the entrire range. I was 1 turn out on the lows (factory setting) and it had a little hesitation off the line. I will go 1/4 more on those. I have factory called for 142.5 high speed jets in both carbs. The specs also call for zero turns out on the highs but i am zero out on the mag and about 1/8th on the pto with great color on each.

Thanks for all the help guys. Seems I have things dialed in correclty. Now if it would just run :ack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back