250hp utopia wont go over 2500rpm in the water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jboat2004

So just picked up 2004 utopia with 250hp. Boat revs on trailer. But when put in the water won’t rev past 2500 in forward. Idles perfect and reverse works perfect. Just forward won’t rev past 2500. Has no beeps or alarms.? I’m lost. Could it be the throttle guardian?

So just picked up 2004 utopia with 250hp. Boat revs on trailer. But when put in the water won’t rev past 2500 in forward. Idles perfect and reverse works perfect. Just forward won’t rev past 2500. Has no beeps or alarms.? I’m lost. Could it be the throttle guardian?

The dreaded throttle guardian. Do you have one? It is usually in the driver side storage box, next to the fuse block. About 1 inch x 2.5 x 4.

Have you gotten a service book for this engine? No??? You are chasing your tail.

Have you done the previously suggested tests? Here is another-- Are your throttle plates actually opening completely?

Revving the engine out of the water proves nothing except that you are willing to risk blowing up your engine.

I got the boat from my dad. Don’t have manual. But he said he took the boat out ran fine than next time acted up. I will be looking for the guardian tomorrow.

Back