230wake pro v 230GTR

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylebala

Hi all.

I exchanged my 2018 230wake pro for a 155GTI at the start of this year because they wake pro was just to heavy on gas.

After having the GTI for a few months it's just to slow and i need to go back to a supercharged ski

A guy I met on a ride out yesterday told me that I would be have been better off getting a 230GTR as it would be better on fuel than the 230wake pro.

Can anybody please confirm this ?

thanks

Kyle

My GTI 90 goes 43 mph and I am satisfied with it... As soon as you get a supercharged machine, it will take more gas. However, the main difference is in the way you are using it: any ski running at full throttle will suck up lots of gas (even mine).

If you do not have enough money for gasoline to satisfy your need for speed, I suggest that you try the "eco mode". You will see a big difference on fuel consumption. It's not just the ski but also the way you use it.

My GTI 90 goes 43 mph and I am satisfied with it... As soon as you get a supercharged machine, it will take more gas. However, the main difference is in the way you are using it: any ski running at full throttle will suck up lots of gas (even mine).

If you do not have enough money for gasoline to satisfy your need for speed, I suggest that you try the "eco mode". You will see a big difference on fuel consumption. It's not just the ski but also the way you use it.

Thanks for that . It's more warranting spending it rather than affording it .

I'm looking for an answer from somebody that owns a GTR as I have been told it's cheaper too run than the wake pro. Might be something to do with the difference in hull.

I do not have the GTR experience to answer your question but I seriously doubt that it would make a real difference on the gasoline budget.

There are some articles with comparison of fuel consumption for various PWCs. At the same cruising speed of 30 MPH they amazingly all sucked down about the same amount of fuel per hour. At top speed, fuel consumption was exponentially correlated to the speed. So I agree - it mostly matters how you drive it with the max fuel consumption set by the top speed the PWC is capable of.

The ECO mode suggestion is a good one to help yourself limit fuel consumption, but it takes a lot of the fun out of it.

My solution was to just build a larger refueling wagon (50 gallons).. My pair of GTR 215's can suck down all 15 gallons they hold in just a couple of hours when my teenagers and their friends take them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back