230 Wake Engine / RPM issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

230-Wake

Hi all, looking for some advice on where to start troubleshooting my problem.

I have a 2010 230 Wake with dual 255 HP engines.

So I took this boat on the water today after it being almost 2 years in storage. ( it ran fin before it was stored and it was stored properly )

At almost 50% throttle, 1 engine seems to hit top end of rpm band ( according to tach 8500rpm + actual sound I hear between the 2 engines ). With the same throttle position, the other engine is revving at 4500-5000rpm. The boat wont hit more than 25km/hr, obviously.

I dont have a service history or if / when superchargers were rebuilt. Boat had 123 hours on it when I purchased it 3 years ago, and I did about 40 hours on it the first year.

Looking for advice on where I should start.

Thanks !

Check your injectors, had the same issue in June. Lost RPMs on one engine, but it was fine after cleaning.

Not sure if its the same from the 09 to the 2010 but i had the perfect pass cable break on the stb engine, so the stb engine would not rev till will well over 1/2 throttle then it would only hit 4500rpm while the port engine hit full rpm.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I did the supercharger maintenance just in case ( I had to do it during the winter anyways )

At the same time I changed all the spark pugs.

Not sure which one solved my issue, but now both engines rev pretty much the same ( less then 500 rpm off )

I had this issue and it was the supercharger, one washer had failed so it wouldn’t create boost, leaning towards that on yours.

It’s very easy to swap entire fuel rails from port to starboard engines. The hardest thing about removing a fuel rail is cutting the zip ties. It’s a cakewalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back