2021 Wake Pro 230 pulling a tube

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireontheWater

Hello. I am 100% new to owning jet skis. We bought our first one, 2021 Wake Pro 230, 2 days ago. I am still learning all the lingo and vocabulary, so please be gentle with the tomatoes. I originally looked at a GTI 170 and Wake 170. Both of those models had a very obvious metal U-bolt under the rear seat to attach the tow rope for a tube to. I get the Wake Pro 230 home and find a plastic thing majigger on the swim platform that I assume is where I connect the tube rope. I ask because the pylon very clearly states not to tube with it, but the old school part of me doesn't believe the plastic is where I hook the rope. Can someone with more knowledge please confirm, or point in the right direction, if this is the correct connection in the picture for the tube? The manual seems too generic as it covers several models, and my 6 year old is frothing at the mouth to go fir a ride.

Thank you. - The picture is not my ski, but the best view I could find on the internet without directly taking a picture of mine.
wake.png
Updated... the picture below is a more direct view of mone.
20210404_145611.jpg

Last edited:
Seadoo has gone back and forth on towing a tube with the pylon. With the new LinQ system retractable tow bar they now say no. It’s okay to slalom with one ski but no tubes. If you whip start a big tube you will pull the pylon out. If you whip start a big tube with a ski tower you will pull the tower down. Seen it happen.

https://watercraftjournal.com/video-all-the-right-steps-for-towing-with-a-sea-doo/
Also I will add since your new to jet skis and when using a ski rope with a jet ski it is possible to suck the rope and wrap it around the driveshaft. Remember when you are in “neutral” the jet pump is still sucking water and will suck the rope. A couple of rules to follow is if your not pulling turn the ski off and nobody’s hands on the tow rope with the ski running. If the rope is slack and near the ski and your not sure, shut down the ski, do not try to a accelerate away. If you do suck a rope the process to remove it from the driveshaft is to get under the ski with a pliers and knife and cut it loose. Not fun but doable.

Last edited:
Hello. I am 100% new to owning jet skis. We bought our first one, 2021 Wake Pro 230, 2 days ago. I am still learning all the lingo and vocabulary, so please be gentle with the tomatoes. I originally looked at a GTI 170 and Wake 170. Both of those models had a very obvious metal U-bolt under the rear seat to attach the tow rope for a tube to. I get the Wake Pro 230 home and find a plastic thing majigger on the swim platform that I assume is where I connect the tube rope. I ask because the pylon very clearly states not to tube with it, but the old school part of me doesn't believe the plastic is where I hook the rope. Can someone with more knowledge please confirm, or point in the right direction, if this is the correct connection in the picture for the tube? The manual seems too generic as it covers several models, and my 6 year old is frothing at the mouth to go fir a ride.

Thank you. - The picture is not my ski, but the best view I could find on the internet without directly taking a picture of mine.
View attachment 53063
Updated... the picture below is a more direct view of mone.
View attachment 53100
That's exactly where you hook up the rope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back