2020 GTI SE 170 Random beeping/stop engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordGuy

Hi Folks,

My 2020 GTI SE had been beeping from time to time and today a stop engine light went on when my son was on it.
I had some battery issues last month and just cleaned up the connectors and tightened them all up and it was fine.
My shop has a 1-2 week turn around so I would rather not take it in. Any suggestions?
Also, would an issue like this fall under the extended warrantee?
I have 190 hours on it and my 3 kids ride it hard in Long Island sound. It gets serviced each year.
Thanks in advance.

I have the same year/model, although I live on LI, I ride mine hard down in FL on the ocean and intracoastal. Mine just went in after the engine stopped for no reason (after riding for hours and the prior day), long story short, the dealer says it is the battery (not covered under extended warranty). So it depends on what the issue is, others may chime in with your issue.

I serviced mine annually too, I have about 145 hours....there was very little covered this year on the extended versus the original 1-year warranty. Under the 1-year, I got a new dashboard covered (it had condensation), hand grips, my sound system stopped working and that was coverd and a few other 'minor things'. This year, the only thing they covered (after pushing them on it) was the seal on the front hood which was loose (and I would have declined if it wasn't). I think 1st year warranty seems to cover a lot more....at least in my minimal experience as this is my 1st jet ski. Others may have more to say on warranty (mine came with 3 year so I didn't pay for the extended)

Was the 'beeping' the low battery beep? or some other beep.

Thanks for that Rob. This is my first one as well. I don't mind a new battery every 190 hours. I hope thats all it is. It was another beep.

To help clarify the warranty - Seadoo covers the ski fully for 1 year as the manufacturer new vehicle warranty. Everything is essentially covered for a defect in material and workmanship.

After the first year, you are covered by Seadoo‘s B.E.S.T. insurance policy extended warranty, if you were given one or purchased one. This extended warranty covers only some major functional components, which is good because they are the more expensive parts of the ski. But no cosmetics, most electrical parts, and sensors. Your dealer probably paid themselves for your rubber seal, for your customer satisfaction.

To help clarify the warranty - Seadoo covers the ski fully for 1 year as the manufacturer new vehicle warranty. Everything is essentially covered for a defect in material and workmanship.

After the first year, you are covered by Seadoo‘s B.E.S.T. insurance policy extended warranty, if you were given one or purchased one. This extended warranty covers only some major functional components, which is good because they are the more expensive parts of the ski. But no cosmetics, most electrical parts, and sensors. Your dealer probably paid themselves for your rubber seal, for your customer satisfaction.
It's random, from what I'm seeing. I also had a 'battery strap' that was broken (there are of course 2), and I was fine to pay for the part but asked they not charge labor because I was already being charged to have a battery replacement which charges labor and one would have to unstrap and restrap the straps. They were 'nice' enough to remove the labor for the battery strap.

I didn't even push on the rubber seal, that was something I could have addressed myself....when they came back with the final estimate it simply had 'warranty'. I would have declined that otherwise....I can do some thing on the jetski...but I always have to factor in I store my ski on a floating dock on the intracoastal in FL so any work I do has to factor in that complexity :)

My friend's jetski who i dropped off day after mine, had the same issue with a battery broken strap and when I looked at his invoice they 'warrantied' the broken strap no questions asked. So, I think they can be a bit 'random' with what they are covering after year 1. I of course emailed the service coordinator to see if she could help me understand why a battery strap was covered under warranty for my friend and for mine I had to 'push them' to remove the labor charge on it (which was still ok with me) but I'm trying to understand why the difference...it could just be a courtesy but I also know my friend never questions/pushes back on anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back