2020 GTI SE 170 Maint Costs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Spud

Hi all,
I’m considering buying a 2020 GTI 170 and trying to add up all the annual costs of ownership.

Quick background: Never had a jetski before, retired old guy, just looking to cruise the fresh water lake and rivers, no intentions of popping water wheelies, just a summertime fun ride. After each ride jetski will be up on a ramp out of the water. Jetski will be maintained by trained techs and stored indoors for the winter in the Pacific Northwest.

Can anyone help zero in on the true man hours or requirements to have a fun summer time hassle free experience?
Thanks in advance.

Get the fishpro instead!!! You’ll love it!! It’s a cruiser for old guy like us.. Keep the oil changed and the battery charged you’ll have no issues. Get the extended warranty at least 3 year. Speakers are a most

The GTI's best selling point is that it is one of the cheapest to maintain. With no SC there is less complexity, less maintenance and less chance of things breaking. The most expensive part will be fuel, but that all comes down to your riding style and how often you ride (Average ~$20 per ride). The GTI platform is the best in fuel economy second to the spark. Although not required, I'd change the oil after break-in just to be safe. ($50 if you do it yourself). You're lake riding so you don't have to worry about spraying salt away, but I would still spray down the engine, flush and maybe spray some fluid film ($8 can). Other than that, there really isn't much else to worry about for running costs.

This is of course assuming nothing goes wrong. If you were to suck up debris and destroy your wear ring, that will cost ~$60 to replace yourself, or $300-$500 to have a dealer do it.

I have a GTR now, but last year I had a 2018 GTI and a 2019 GTI. I spent a total of $1200 in gas for both combined, with riding after work during the week days, and riding all day Saturday and Sunday. I spent another $360 on oil change kits (more than needed but I prefer to be safe). Add another $400 for a CandooPro that I bought in case I ever need to run diagnostics/troubleshooting. ~$25 on various cleaning supplies. Thats about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back