2019 Sea-Doo RXT-X 300 starter fuse keeps blowing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Covie

Hey everyone! Unfortunately, I've encountered an issue that even my nearest Sea-Doo mechanic can't figure out so I thought I'd look online for some help. Early last year I purchased 2 2019 Sea-Doo RXT-X 300s. For the entire year of 2020, they both ran flawlessly with 0 issues. I live on a lake so when winter rolled around all we did was throw the cover on and leave it on the lift. When summer came and it was time to take them out one of them was completely dead. When clicking the start button the dash didn't light up nor did the engine even try turning over. We called the Sea-Doo dealer and they recommended we get a new battery. So we went and bought a new battery, charged it up, and nothing. The Sea-Doo was still completely dead. So we loaded it up and took it in. After a couple of days, they found that the starter fuse had blown. They replaced it and gave it back to us. The Sea-Doo worked properly for 3-4 weeks, however, after letting it sit for a week I went to take it out, and it had the same problem again where nothing happened when clicking the start button. So we took it in again and the same thing happened. The starter fuse was blown. When we asked them why it keeps happening and that something must be wrong, they kept telling us that they're not sure but it ran on a hose just fine and it should be good to go. Well, that's what they told us last time and it broke again with nothing out of the ordinary happening. I'm afraid that when we take it back the same thing will happen again after a few weeks. I just wanted to post this thread to see if anyone else has had this problem or might know the solution to it? Additionally, the warranty expires in November and I'd really like to get this resolved before then but when I asked "what if it keeps happening" they basically said were s**t out of luck. Is this something they can avoid fixing completely? If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

The start relay is a pretty common problem in a Seadoo jet ski. There is no starter fuse. There is a starter solenoid and a start relay. A bad start relay acts just like a dead battery. So the new start relay could have failed again. Why do start relays fail? They don’t like moisture and corrosion. Maybe next winter try to find some indoor storage out of the elements for your skis. Read your operators manual at least on long term storage.

Have not encountered this before. I have attached the wiring diagram for your year and model. It could be a bad starter relay1628551458605.png.

I appreciate the responses. The starter relay was what broke. My bad for saying the wrong thing. We did get a bit colder winter than we were expecting. However, I can understand something happening after a cold winter but to have the relay replaced then it breaking again a few weeks later in the middle of summer confuses me. Additionally, if there was some sort of serious corrosion going on the Sea-Doo dealer who looked at it I'm sure would've notified me. At least I hope they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back