2019 GTX Limited 300 - Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GtxL23

Just picked up a couple weeks ago, incredibly impressive machine. Just over 10 hours and received high engine temp warnings and had to limp back. Opened the seat and the coolant reservoir was empty. At dealer now and they said the clamp was loose from the factory and the hose came off and that there was a cam sensor warning logged. They said there was still coolant in the motor. They have repaired the hose/clamp and changed oil and coolant and are running tests.

Looking for anything you think I should check or confirm when I pick it up? Anyone experience something similar?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have seen other people on this forum saying the same thing. There must have been some coolant in the hull, have you noticed? Just because your coolant reservoir was empty doesn't mean that you did not have any left at all but it is a good thing that the engine cut off when a high temperature was reached (it was a close call that is for sure).

As a good measure, I regularly take the seat off on my GTI 2018 to make sure everything is OK (you never know). I always check the bottom of the hull for any leaks or water or oil. You should make it a habit too. Better safe than sorry.

Just picked up a couple weeks ago, incredibly impressive machine. Just over 10 hours and received high engine temp warnings and had to limp back. Opened the seat and the coolant reservoir was empty. At dealer now and they said the clamp was loose from the factory and the hose came off and that there was a cam sensor warning logged. They said there was still coolant in the motor. They have repaired the hose/clamp and changed oil and coolant and are running tests.

Looking for anything you think I should check or confirm when I pick it up? Anyone experience something similar?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Exactly the same thing happened to me, the day of Dorian hurricane approaching I had to pull our GTX limited off the dock and take it to a boat ramp up current of us. It had just reached 11 hrs so I decided to go there full speed ahead..... it overheated badly and the hose came completely off (discovered later) the seadoo took me in limp mode to where i needed to go. I had no other recourse because of an outgoing tide and no one to come tow me if I threw out an anchor. Did you know there was a service bulletin sent to dealerships for there setup/ service departments to check and replace certain clamps during predelivery?
This on Seadoo and or the dealership, but we are not accepting anything less than a brand new engine replacement at this point. I'm not spending almost 20k to wonder what kind of internal damage might have been done to crank bearings etc.............

2019 sea doo rxt x 300-recall?? Water pump hose clamp port??

2019 sea doo rxt x 300-recall?? Water pump hose clamp port?? - Page 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back