2018 Spark Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

MTLNY

Hi guys, newbie to this site and Seadoo. My problem is this. I have a brand new Trixx with maybe 5 hours on it. I sucked up a stone, which got pretty wedged in the impeller. Brought it to the Seadoo shop, and they replaced wear ring. No biggie. Done, right? Nope. The next day I brought it to the boat launch, put it in the water and the POS wouldn't start, almost acting like a weak battery. The gauges worked, but seemed too weak to want to crank. The Seadoo dealer said it wasn't a weak/dead battery. They said it something else. They were to busy to look at it, so will look the next day. My question is what can it be?

Thanks in advance for the insight

They could have messed up the pump when installing the wear ring and that’s binding making it hard to crank. But really can be anything. Under warranty let them handle it.

Thanks for the response. I'm just afraid they'll say it's not warranty, because I sucked up the stone.

Well, you already took it in and they replaced the wear ring which is not a warranty item. They then returned it to you and it will not crank so either.........
1. They did not complete the repair as contracted to and caused another issue.
2. Something unrelated happened and it would be a warranty repair.
3. They did not repair everything that was wrong the first time when replacing the wear ring.

Either way the dealer is on the hook to fix it.

I had exact same issue, 4 hours of run time on my 2018 SeaDoo spark trixx and sucked up a rock, got towed back to my trailer, replaced the wear ring and thought id be back in business but it would not crank. I removed the impeller and tried to crank with nothing attached to the drive shaft. It still would not turn over. I charged the battery overnight and still nothing. I removed the spark plugs (to get rid of compression) and tried to turn by hand. NOTHING! I tore down the engine and found a bent piston rod. The dealer said since it was due to sucking up a rock that warranty would not apply. I called my insurance and they are covering it and classifying it as an underwater collision (rock).

There is no possible way for a rock to bend a rod. It is the exact same thing as locking up the brakes on a stick shift car. It will stall the engine but there is no way for it to do any damage to the internal parts of the engine.

Geezus, my head is about to explode, reading these stealership snake oil b.s. stories!!!!!!! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

And BRP, Yama and Kawa are scratching their heads wondering why every driveway on the globe doesn’t have multiple pwc’s in it!!!!!

RRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

There is no possible way for a rock to bend a rod. It is the exact same thing as locking up the brakes on a stick shift car. It will stall the engine but there is no way for it to do any damage to the internal parts of the engine.
No it’s not, the clutch plates in the stick shift will slip and will allow the engine and transmission to operate at different rpms although once you’re going slow enough it can stall the engine. Even a standard transmission is not a true direct drive lick the jet pump on a SeaDoo. However that being said I believe there must have been a preexisting flaw of some kind with the connecting rod for this damage to occur.

Back