2018 seadoo txt 300 loss of power.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a customer come in with a Seadoo rXt 300 with 5 hours on it that had a gradual loss of power and rough running problem. It seemed like water got in the fuel system somehow and was causing the problem....Sure enough, the tank had a lot of water in it and the engine injected water through the injectors...Didn’t
seem like a big issue and after many hours cleaning everything out it still wouldnt start and run right . Against normal judgement on such a new ski, I did a compression check and found all cylinders at 60 psi, verified with 2 sets of gauges.It seems the ski was not winterized properly and the water being injected into the cylinders washed the oil off the rings and cylinders and destroyed the engine...the ski is brand new...what a shame to have to pull the engine and start over...

It sounds like you are affiliated with a dealership. Hopefully this repair is under warranty for your customer. I am having a little problem how a half a tank of water in the gas relates to a improper winterization issue. Could you please explain to our readers how the water got into the gas tank in the first place so we can prevent that from happening to our skis.

We aren't sure exactly how water got in. Most likely from the fuel cap not being closed properly before riding. Either way, the cylinders were not properly coated with storage oil in the fall for winterization, we assume, so they may have been rusty at startup this year, but injecting water into them was the final straw... It seems the fuel system has no problem injecting water into the engine if it does get into the fuel tank. If it does, the engine rings and cylinders will be junk in short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back