2017 Wake 155 Leaking water Pump Seals

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoon1

What about how these "particles" seem to damage water pump seal and cause it to leak? On my previous 2014 Wake 155's, the coolant bottle was 1/2 full at new, then at 130 hours it was empty. Leaking was observed at water pump weap hole. And Dealer said this is NOT normal, which then they got into engine and said all those metal particles wern't normal either.

Now I have 2017 Wake 155's, and the same rate of coolant loss is happening. I'm at 78 hours and both are less than half full now. Which would follow suit to be empty at 130 hours. Haven't checked weep hole yet.
On these, I changed oil at 10, 20, and 50 hours and saw no evidence of metal particles.

So What's Up with the Water Pump Seals?

This is a closed cooling system that should not leak. Is it a problem since 4-tecs began that hasn't been re-engineered yet?

It is not a big deal to lose a few ounces of coolant over a long period of time. The coolant system is a closed, pressurized system but it can still evaporate over time since it really isn't completely sealed meaning it doesn't hold pressure when not running over a period of time.

There should not be any metal particles in the cooling system. There should be metal particles in the oll system. These systems are separate and very different.

Water pump seal failure is not common but it does happen on occasion. A redesign is definitely not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back