2017 seadoo gts oil in hull.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo-gts

I keep finding oil in the hull but weird thing is oil level on the dipstick stays the same. I did just recently do an oil change because I had to replace the pto cover the water seal decided to go bad. Crank end was fine oil is 100% confirmed not coming from there. I checked and double checked. Any help or thoughts is greatly appreciated just a dad trying to get his kids back out on the water safely.

Probably a previous spill when filling, it’s easy to do. No overflow tube.
Yeah unfortunately it's more oil than something just getting spilled. I suck it out and more is there the next morning. But seems like less and less each time. Oil level in the engine still says full tho. I'm going to take it out tomorrow so I shall see how it goes.

Any oil outside of an obvious leak..

1.. Oil cooler
2.. PTO shaft seal
3.. Oil filter assy.

A very small amount of oil looks like alot in the bilge.

My guess is the PTO shaft O-rings.

Do you have a GoPro?

I had a water in the bilge issue where a GoPro strapped to an LED panel light allowed me to see it in action. It was only visable under throttle.

BTW,

If you overfill, it will just push though the separator and will be all in your intake.

To be honest oil will pretty much always be in there from my experience, just depends on how much.

BTW,

If you overfill, it will just push though the separator and will be all in your intake.

To be honest oil will pretty much always be in there from my experience, just depends on how much.
I'm thinking it was just left over oil in the hull from when the the pto cover failed and was replaced. Just taking it out got it to come out from under the foam of the fuel tank. Oil level in the engine hasn't changed at all with all the oil I found and it definitely should have. I just got this ski where is the oil filter at on this engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back