2017 GTI - Troubleshooting mechanical noise - help appreciated

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDub122

This is my first post in this forum.

I have a GTI SE 130, and unfortunately it became submerged about a month ago. I went through the "water flooded engine" section of the shop manual, and followed the procedures therein (including a boil out), within hours of the incident. The waverunner ran well after this for about three weeks (using it primarily on weekends). The sound of the running waverunner has recently changed drastically though. It sounds almost like a loose chain on a sprocket. I've attached a video clip so that you can hear the sound, and perhaps let me know where to start looking for the problem.

I don't have a code reader. It looks like the "CanDooPro Home / Limited Edition" is about $400. That's pricey! Is the next logical step to purchase one of these? The display says "Maintenance Required", but since I do my own oil changes, and never reset the indicator it always says that. I've pressed the MODE button repeatedly and I don't see an option on this model to read fault codes on the Information Center as described in the shop manual.

Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back