2016 WAKE 155 running rough

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerx

hey guys,

so the story is a local dealership had this ski for sale. it had 11 hours on it and last tag was 2017. it was a killer price that i couldn't pass up. picked it up on friday and took it to the lake to take it off the trailer to adjust my bunks so it would sit better. they fired it up for me at the dealership for a few seconds, ran great. took it to the lake, started it up in the water, ran great to reverse it off of the trailer and park it on the dock. pulled out of the water and thought that i would just take it on a 5-10 minute cruise for the hell of it. took it out, ran great at low rpm's for a little bit (big no wake zone). got past the no wake zone and eased on the throttle to go about 25-30mph for a few. still running great. then i gave it more throttle, got up to about 45 and it started to sputter and vibrate. turned around to where i was and the whole time it is running rough/sputtering/not wanting to rev/etc.. also, i put it in sport mode and tried to punch it and it sputtered, revved great for a second, then sputtered again. it's just running rough. seeming to feel like it is misfiring. no check engine light, no overheating issue, nothing in the prop area.

anyone have any insight before i talk to the dealer about it? i like fixing my own stuff rather than have someone else do it. just not sure if there is a common issue or anything. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

If it’s under a warranty take it back
Only a few things will not give you a fault code and I would look at these in this order
Replace plugs and check all coils are firing
Check fuel pump pressure u want around 57psi
Remove injector rail and point it away from anything that could ignite the fuel and turn engine over you should have fuel coming out of injectors
Make sure exhaust clamp at rear ending exhaust manifold is intact engine could be trying to run on exhaust fumes due to exhaust leak

i changed the spark plugs, drained all of the gas out and replaced with fresh 92. took it to the lake and fired it up. ran great! no roughness at all. the gas inside the ski looked fine and smelled fine, so im assuming it was the plugs, but to me, from a mechanic standpoint, they looked fine. apparently not, though.

Always always change plugs first keep a set in the ski with tools that way ur up and running at the water in no time
i knew to do that with 2 strokes. i didnt know i had to do that with 4 strokes as well, especially with only 11 hours on it. (this is my first 4 stroke ski) learn something new every day!

I got a question here I'm looking to buy a 2015 wake Pro 215 but I'm not sure about buying it because I don't know if I will ever have to replace or rebuild the supercharger at all with the life of the ski thanks

I got a question here I'm looking to buy a 2015 wake Pro 215 but I'm not sure about buying it because I don't know if I will ever have to replace or rebuild the supercharger at all with the life of the ski thanks
Please start your own thread on the subject and we will be happy to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back