2016 Spark: "Reading Key" Error

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

KyleW2

Hey all,

Bought my first Spark this weekend - late 2016 model. It has a "reading key" error, which is odd cause it starts and runs. I didn't worry much about it as I have a Candoo Pro - so I reprogrammed the keys last night and it seemed to take away the error. However, this evening I put the key back on it and the error is back. Any ideas? Both the learning key and the normal key have the same issue.

Thanks

Going to update this. There was some corrosion on the large connector just inside the door to access the battery. Cleaned the corrosion off and added some grease and all is fixed.

Going to update this. There was some corrosion on the large connector just inside the door to access the battery. Cleaned the corrosion off and added some grease and all is fixed.
FYI the terminals on the pins are not designed to have grease only the seal should have grease.i have chased my tail with electrical stuff on these and have grease be the culprit.

FYI the terminals on the pins are not designed to have grease only the seal should have grease.i have chased my tail with electrical stuff on these and have grease be the culprit.
Thanks for the input, I’ll keep that in mind.

I decided to deep clean this today and decided to disassemble the connector. This is what I found. Kind of shocking adding grease took the code away. Safe to say this is getting replaced

Attachments

• E7B66BFB-B697-4207-B90F-B79C9B8FF251.jpeg
    E7B66BFB-B697-4207-B90F-B79C9B8FF251.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 4
Not too bad replacing it. The plug is a Molex MX150 connector, $20 later and we should be good to go 428058EC-250A-4E1F-A45D-2829886AFF5D.jpeg

Back