2016 RXT-X 300 sound system install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya. The cord shown there is going to a dual use port that is hard wired to the battery. The 12v plugs are easy to install also though

I have a 12v plug that attaches to my battery tender connector but I haven't installed it yet. Why do you ask?? You got my curiosity going

I would imagine it's simply to ensure you can charge your phone/music device. That was my question as well until he asked it.

have you rode it yet with the radio going reason I'm asking is the speakers where they are located they definitely will get wet . Water always pools there especially when you use the brake

But I really like it its very innovative it's Bluetooth . Next radio you can hook your phone up to it and make it hands free . Have built in navigation .

But I really like it its very innovative it's Bluetooth . Next radio you can hook your phone up to it and make it hands free . Have built in navigation .

That's really not a bad idea. Pioneer makes a awesome head unit that would mount nicely in the glove box sadly it is no where near waterproof or even water resistant. I took it out today with the go pro strapped to my chest but had a memory card malfunction. As I was trying to watch the videos after I got back today they were being deleted from the micro sd card. That card now rest firmly in the trash can and a new card has been inserted. The speakers sound awesome on the water overcoming all wind noise and engine noise when ever I had it cranked up. Did several 360's and 180's, wave and wake jumping, donuts til I was dizzy sinking the nose and powering out from under the wall of water. Engine bay is still nice and dry! I did silicone the crap out of the back of the speakers and the mounting holes as they were being installed though.

Overall I'm really happy with the outcome. The wife and I have a kayaking trip in the morning but I'm hoping the weather stays good enough so we can take it out again tomorrow afternoon and get some audio/video for yall

I'm very interested in the BT option Amp.

No headunit is made to fit into a Ski that I've seen. It would likely bring down the resale value of the Ski. Unless you continue on the BT option. THEN, that would be a major resale point IMO.

I'm very interested in the BT option Amp.

No headunit is made to fit into a Ski that I've seen. It would likely bring down the resale value of the Ski. Unless you continue on the BT option. THEN, that would be a major resale point IMO.

There are several Bluetooth amp options out there for reasonable prices. I've always had good experiences with kenwood in the past, so that made my decision on the brand for me

I just put a Kenwood excelon in my truck with built in Garmin navigation blue tooth hands free phone awesome radio

My battery box came in yesterday so this morning I figured I'd swap it out before I took it out today. As before the box is mounted to the front engine mount. I swapped out the factory engine mount bolt for one a half inch longer. I fabbed up a scrap piece of 1/4" stainless steel that I had laying around the shop as a box support and the engine mount bolt goes through it. As before the bolt also goes through the box so everything is bolted together nice and tight. There may be better places to mount the battery but I surely couldn't find one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 46
i get the idea of why you put them down low to keep the sound within the rider area, but when idling around doesn't water cover part of the speaker? doesn't that make it sound bad? i'm just confused how these would work other than at speed when the foot wells are clear of water.

reason i ask is i found an RXP with speakers even lower than yours and 1) i'm not that excited in trusting someone drilled holes in the hull like that and 2) feel like they'd be useless when parked because of water. have any pics of it in the water?

i get the idea of why you put them down low to keep the sound within the rider area, but when idling around doesn't water cover part of the speaker? doesn't that make it sound bad? i'm just confused how these would work other than at speed when the foot wells are clear of water.

reason i ask is i found an RXP with speakers even lower than yours and 1) i'm not that excited in trusting someone drilled holes in the hull like that and 2) feel like they'd be useless when parked because of water. have any pics of it in the water?

I can not speak for the RXP but I know for my RXT water is not an issue. There is always water there that I tap and splash my feet in while idling but it's never come close to covering the speakers. Now the speakers I used are marine speakers with dielectric grease on ever connection and heat shrink wrapped where appropriate. The back of the speakers are siliconed as well as the holes drilled for the mounting screws. This was really just an extra precaution on my part not to get a lot of water in the engine compartment. The speakers get wet all the time but I've never had an issue with them at all. Nice clear sound no matter at a idle or WOT.

I'd look over the install of the speakers if your skeptical about it. Look at the connections if possible checking for signs of corrosion or water where it should not be, listen to the speakers also if possible. A speaker that's been submerged in water usually will not work at all, if it does it mostly likely will sound a bit different than it should.

I noticed on a lot of set ups included yours the speakers are not somewhat pointed at the rider . Low frequency sounds are omnidirectional so that point does not matter. High frequency sounds that by the way give you the left , right stereo effect are very directional . So if you could mount some tweeters high on the pwc pointed at you no doubt you would have the best sounding pwc around.

Also if you did like I did on my Honda door speakers using washers if you can slightly angle the speaker towards the driver without effecting that neat white cover , that will also help .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back