2016 GTI SE 130 running on two cylinders....no error codes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Riedinger

The ski starts up and idles smoothly, when on water it sounds normal but only goes half speed (only ran it 2 minutes). Getting good spark to all cylinders, but when I unplug the coil for cyl. 2 or 3 while idling the motor stops instantly. When I unplug the coil for #1 cyl. there is no change in rpm or motor sound. so I'm not getting fuel to #1 cyl. Cleaned and tested the injectors and they are good. All plugs and coils are good. I even checked the connections from the ECU plug to the injectors and all OK. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Swop number 1 plug and coil to another cylinder and the same as you did to get no change on number 1 cylinder and see if problem moves with the coil and plug ‍♂️

Any updates on this?I may have a similar issue. I thought at first that it was a dirty fuel filter so I changed them. My 2016 RXPX 300 only gets to about 35 mph and barely at that. Doesn’t sound rough at all and starts every time no problem. No codes coming up.

No codes is normally bad plugs , spark plug coils or fuel pressure issue

Pulled the clips on one coil at a time and narrowed it down to the middle cylinder then swapped the coils to see if it was a coil problem, coils were good when moved around. Pulled the plugs and the middle plug ceramic coating on the electrode had broken around the top and slid down the spark plug electrode and was completely blocking any spark coming through. I then swapped the plugs around and the suspect plug caused the same problems in different cylinders. The challenge now is finding a replacement plug, they seem to be kind of a rare type and I had to order on eBay. Haven’t fixed it yet but I’m 99% sure I found the issue.

Always good to have a spare set of plugs
Best to swop plugs out for troubleshooting it’s a quick fix on the water
Put a touch of anti seize grease on the spark plug threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back