• This site contains eBay affiliate links for which Sea-Doo Forum may be compensated.

2015 GTI SE 130

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_mad

My LCD cluster has several hairline cracks in it at the bottom of the screen and it has started to go black on the outsides and is growing inwards so i cant really see parts of the screen like fuel. When operating now it starts of normal then will all of a sudden go into like a limp mode and the VTS will trim the nose right down and steering is at best all over the place, possibly due to the slow speed. When the ski is out of the water and being flushed i've checked the IBR and upon starting the bucket is in Normal and if i squeeze the throttle the bucket raises so is in fwd and comes on the display. I have mechanic travelling to my place with a new screen, wiring harness and IBR actuator (just in case), I live remotely and off grid in Indonesia so the ski has suffered UV damage after a bit of time on the mooring, but never more than 7 days, is there anything other parts i should ask mechanic to bring. I'd also like to know if there's some kind of Dash cover to protect the next LCD screen somebody could recommend.

Sounds like IBR is failing. Keep the ski covered when not being used and your cluster will last a long time.

Ok, if it is failing does that mean replace or repair? It seems to work perfectly out of the water but when it's in the water not so much. I also remember about a year ago when we are tow surfing and doing the pick up if we applied the IBR brake while coasting into rescue the guy sometimes it would alarm and we thought that was just us going to quick when applying reverse, even though we had no throttle on.

I would have him bring the plastic bushings to rebuild your gate, should be done every couple years. If there is too much play in the gate the ECM will fault it. You should be able to go to full reverse at high speeds without a fault. The holding plates on both sides for the gate and actuator will also fail if the bolts have been over torqued.

I would have him bring the plastic bushings to rebuild your gate, should be done every couple years. If there is too much play in the gate the ECM will fault it. You should be able to go to full reverse at high speeds without a fault. The holding plates on both sides for the gate and actuator will also fail if the bolts have been over torqued.
Awesome thanks i will ask him to do that. When you say gate do you mean the bucket that comes down at the back for reverse and Neutrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back