2014 Sea-Doo GTI 155 SE losing 10 mph, slow acceleration, louder than normal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogartethan

Hello,

This past weekend we took a trip up to the lake only to find out the Sea-Doo wasn't running right. We had other family using it the previous weekend and supposedly someone took it in pretty shallow water... We pulled it out and attempted to fix the problem. The only visible problem was a rock lodged into a metal object (for a lack of a better word)
1.jpg
2.jpg

After removing it we put it back in the water only to have no success, we have brought it home to try and tear into it further. We have tried everything we know at the moment, and
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
can't find any problems. It is time for some expert advice.

Thanks in advance,
Ethan

Had the same thing happen to me 2 years ago. That rock most likely went through the impeller by the look of the blade edges. The culprit robbing your performance is cavitation. I replaced the impeller and wear ring on my 2012 GTI 155 Ltd and it's back to its 55-56 mph self. I used the "freezer method" to remove and replace the wear ring and it worked like a charm. Several YouTube videos on how to. Good luck!

Thanks, I will try it and let you know how it goes. Did you get a Sea-Doo OEM impeller, or did you switch to SOLAS?

I used all OEM parts as I was not looking to boost or change the performance level. My machines are used as "family machines". The repair was my first time working on PWC's however I've turned wrenches for a long time. Between this forum, the service manual and YouTube videos it we a pretty smooth process. Just allow yourself enough time and don't rush. I spent 4-5 hrs on the repair - not counting my research or dwell time in the freezer.

Thank you so much for all of your help. I will decide if I want to install the parts myself, or take it to a dealer and let you know how it goes

That looks like a classic Impeller and Wear Ring replacement. If you can change the oil on your car and do other easy maintenance, you can do this with the right tools. If you plan on staying in the PWC scene, the buy the right tools and do it.

Thanks, I think I am going to buy this kit on Amazon from Solas and put it in ourselves
40.jpg

Only concern I would have is the quality of the wear ring. Use only OEM and or Delrin type rings. The others are a crap shoot. Many simply are not built to quality sprecs and either are out of round, slip right in, or spin within the pump once installed.

Thanks for your concern, but I think I will go with this and see how it works. This is my first time replacing an impeller and wear ring. What do you recommend that i have with me equipment wise? (Tools, Oils, Grease, Lock Tite, etc...)

I took it out on perfect water with very little wind and hit 60 mph, and used to only be able to hit 57-58. Thanks for everyone's expertise and helping diagnose the problem.

I took it out on perfect water with very little wind and hit 60 mph, and used to only be able to hit 57-58. Thanks for everyone's expertise and helping diagnose the problem.

Great news! Glad to help. Happy to hear you're back on the water with good performance and a little more experienced servicing your machine. Ride responsibly and stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back