2014 RXT 260 cluster removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

InstaGator

How the heck do I remove the cluster on a 2014 RXT 260? I bought the manual and it does not go into detail. I'm trying not to break all the clips off of scuff it up too much. It seems like the steering wheel and all of the plastics around it have to come off. You think they would have made it a little easier to get to, but then again nothing is easy to work on these days. Thanks in advance.

For my 2012 GTI, I have to remove the bezel around the gauge and then you can easily access the retaining tabs.

Alright, here's the update. For this particular ski(I'm not sure about others) you can access it from the back. The back side of the cluster has a black plastic cover that you pop off( I think there like 4 or 6 tabs) and then you can see the backside of the cluster. Then at the bottom of the plastic that surrounds the back side of the cluster there are 2 larger tabs that you can undo by just pushing them outward. There are also 2 tabs at the front(right under the steering handles) that you can just pop off with a screw driver and the whole piece will come right off and you just unclip the cluster and pop the new one in. I ordered the manual for this and it was absolutely worthless. No need to remove the bezel and break the tabs off or remove the steering handles. You can do everything from the back side of the cluster. I hope this helps anyone that has a newer seadoo and has this problem. All of the posts I saw were for older skis. Again, this is for a 2014 season rat 260. It may be different for other skis. And you do have to have the cluster programmed by a dealer. I brought mine to Seminole power sports and it was $70 to get programmed. Took them about 30 min to do. You need to bring them both keys as well. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back