2014 GTX 155 no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olle

I just bought a 2014 GTX 155 with 60 hours. Looks like new. It ran perfectly for the 1st tank. I went away for a week and now it won't wake up when you press the red button. Display is blank and no sound. Battery is charged and all fuses are whole... Even tried waking it up with the charger attached in case the battery was weak. 14 V. What could it be?

Your key? Do you have the new ball rounded post or the old style one? Not sure on a 2014. If you have the old style one, it could be a DESS post issue. If you press the red button without the key in, do you get any activity?

it is a black and yellow rubber key. The ski used to wake up by pressing red button without key present (beep and display). Only needed the key to start. Now it's dead both with or without key.

The old keys are magnetized, not the new ones. The fact that you don’t even get display without the key makes me believe that it is probably not the post although I do not have experience with these newer models.

My 2 stroke is really different from my 4 stroke.

I would try another battery first.

Get out your meter, battery post to post should be the same as battery positive to any grounded bolt on the motor.

If that’s good ground should be good.

Start stop switch is what wakes your gauges. Trouble shoot that next.

Last edited:
Look for the solenoid, you should see one main wire coming off going to the starter, then on the opposite post in a terminal link coming out going to the fuse box. There should also be two smaller wires on that same terminal coming out of that link. Those wires in that link will corrode and cause your problem. To fix this, take two more wires about the same size and put a terminal on the end that will fit the solenoid, then tap it into those two wires. hook everything up and it will all work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back