2013 Seadoo Wake Pro 215 Oil Pressure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sumyunguyz

First off, I don't have but one Seadoo dealer in my area. So I take my 2013 Wake Pro with 40 hours on it in last July for a oil change and check up. They say there was a little water in the oil so they changed it 4 times and put new plugs at $600 and said it was ready to go. Take it to the lake and get 100 yards from the dock and it dies dead in the water as soon as I run up the RPM. Take it back to them and they found the main relay bad. I ask them to lake test it before I pick it up. They call me back a few days later and tell me that while they were lake testing it the timing chain broke.. Yup, dumped the valves into the pistons and wrecked the head. So, the engine only has 40 hours on it so I tell them to put a SBM rebuilt head on it at $1600. Again I ask them to lake test it before they tell me it's ready. So now it's 6 months later and in the dead of winter I pick it up and they give me a 10 hour warranty on the engine since they know I won't be riding it in the winter.

Checked all fluid levels and I fire it up in June this year and after 5 minutes of riding the oil pressure light comes on and goes in limp mode. Take it back to the boat house and have a P0524. Clear the fault with Candoo, check oil level ok, crank it up and let it idle in the water for around 10 minutes no problem. Get out on the lake and 5 minutes later low oil pressure again. So today I replaced the oil pressure switch, checked again for any loose connections, changed the oil and filter. On this oil change, the engine only had at the most 15 minutes on it since I brought it back from the shop. I found several tiny pieces of metal inside the oil filter which concerns me they must not have pulled the engine when replacing the timing chain and head (attached photo). Anyway after new oil pressure switch and oil change still have the same issue. After about 5 minutes the oil pressure light comes on (P0524) and goes into limp mode. If I clear the fault and let it idle the oil pressure light won't come on, unfortunatly it's only while I'm out on the lake running it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated since I'm gun shy about taking it back to this so called mechanic.
IMG_20170721_182912990.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back