2013 Seadoo GTR215 - SuperCharger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kazanka101

Hello,

I have a 2103 Seadoo GTR215. I'm the second owner. When I purchased I got the ski with around 70 hours back in 2016. Since then I've kept up with the normal maintenance (plugs, oil, nose cone, etc.) and winterization.

My ski hit 100 hours now about 110 hours and has the maintenance code. I've never done anything with the supercharger and hear two different things. That it's good to check the super charger but also to rebuild every 100hrs/2years.

I believe I'm going to drop it off to have it looked at by a dealer yet I wanted to know if there is anyways of checking this myself in the future. Should the supercharger just be rebuilt?

All in all the Ski sounds great and runs good. I just don't want to have an issue down the road with the supercharger that ends up taking out the engine as well.

Thanks!

Your main concern is the bearing cages, they are plastic and can harden and get brittle from the heat cycles. Your way past the two years recommended rebuild interval and the time interval is there for the bearing cages. Bearing failure can do serious damage to your engine. I would definitely get it rebuilt.

@skiasylum, Yes I'm planning on taking it in for a rebuild. I looked at a few videos online about removing it and sending it in but I also have the 100hr maintenance code. Figure it might be best to have them look at it.

Quite expensive to say the least. a little over 1k for just the supercharger removal/rebuild/install.

Thats not even looking at the jetpump. Yet on my other ski I did the jetpump myself so i figure it might be the same here.

The 100 hr maintenance code is just a supercharger service reminder. You can buy a Candoo Pro to reset the code and get the supercharger rebuilt all from Greg for less than $1000. The Candoo is nice to have. Greg is PWC Muscle btw.

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting a Candoo. I may in the future. Just not right now. I have 2 Skis and I just spent a couple hundred fixing the other due to the driveshaft coming apart. It was an 09 model with the rubber shaft and last year I fixed the jetpump.

The supercharger looks pretty simple to remove. I just figure I had never had this one looked at when I had bought it so I figure having it looked over this time isn't a bad idea. Going forward I definitely plan to do it myself because $1k is ridiculous. I think PWC Muscle does it for $500.

I think I actually watched a PWC Muscle video on the removal of one. The only part I hate about the videos is they say you may need to use a pry bar to get something lose and they skip over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back