2013 gtx 155 winterizing ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnandy

Went to the sea-doo dealer where I purchased my 2013 gtx 155 a few months ago. They are telling me that I do not have to do anything other than fuel stabilizer to winterize it . Does that sound right to you. They are telling me that when I take it out of the water or drive it up on a floater that all the water drains right out of it.

Yes and no. Depends what type of climate you live in. There will be some water still trapped in the water box of the exhaust which will freeze and can cause major damage. If you're in a climate where freezing isn't an issues you can get away with just adding some fuel stabilizer and removing the battery. I'd also remove the plugs and spray in some fogging oil to keep corrosion away from the cylinders. If you read your owners manual it will tell you all the info you need regarding winterizing.

Yes I read the manual and it said to blow out the water with 50psi air. That is why I was surprised about the dealer saying I did not need to do this. The dealer said that if I had the surcharged version that I would have to blow the water out but the standard gtx 155 does not need to be blow out as the water will drain out on its own. The dealer said I could use it all winter long if I wanted. I am in Virginia - Smith Mountain Lake right below Roanoke so it does get pretty cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back