2013 GTI 130 No beep, No start. Display comes on.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

delonnelj

This GTI will beep twice if I long pres the start stop button to try to start it with the key in. . the dash will also come on and tell me what key it is but quickly goes off of in about 10seconds.

When I plug in the key nothing happens when I short press the start stop nothing.

If I press the start stop with no key the display will come on.

Checked replaced the starter relay and the solenoid. No Change, Checked the battery cables and cleaned no change.

Used jumper cables to act as a ground from the battery to the engine in case the ground was corroded, nothing. Did the same with alligator clips from the battery positive to the 30 amp battery fuse in the fuse box.

Same symptoms both ways. Relay is getting warm. Solenoid is not being powered.

Ski will turn over if I unplug the connector to the solenoid and power it up using positive and negative battery inputs.

Battery is fully charged.

Fuses swapped. No visible/noticable signs of damage or corrosion.

What's unusual is the lack of two beeps prior to start up and the very fast display on time. I can't even download buds info because the ski powers down Too fast.

Last edited:
DESS post
I removed the dess from its place on the handle bar. The ski started powering up in the process. I would then try to start the ski but no luck no.beeps either. But I am leaning more towards the dess now, since a few wiggles of the post with key inand got a reaction.

Last edited:
I was thinking it was thinking it was the grounding post in the engine compartment, not where the key plugs in. My ground coming off the post got broke where it connects to the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back