2012 speedster 150 ignition key

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santanig5

Greetings,
We just purchased this boat and it had only 1 key, called my local sea doo dealer, but they only deal with jetskis, can some point me to where I can find one?
TIA

You can buy a key on amazon.com. then you need to go back to the dealer with key and boat to have the key chip code programmed in the boat computer.

You can buy a key on amazon.com. then you need to go back to the dealer with key and boat to have the key chip code programmed in the boat computer.

This boat has a metal key not like the jet ski.
All I can find is the complete ignition switch replacement with two keys.
Crazy!

Same issue with our boat but if I remember right they were not all that expensive. If I remember right it was around $75, all things considered in the cost of boat ownership rather reasonable.

Same issue with our boat but if I remember right they were not all that expensive. If I remember right it was around $75, all things considered in the cost of boat ownership rather reasonable.
Not so worried about the cost, but how was the installation of the switch?

Remove the retaining nut swap the ignitions and then it was just a plug and play on our 210. Took just a few minutes.

I’m in the same “boat” with one key. I’ve been searching and calling dealerships, but nobody has a listing for the metal key blank. A local locksmith tried to cut the key off a similar blank, but it wasn’t similar enough. Like you, the only thing I’ve found is to replace the ignition switch. I want it, but it’s not urgent for me, so I’m going to try some more locksmiths. Maybe one of them can do a casting for me. I’ll let you know what I end up with.

Thanks @ mikidymac

I talked to a dealer today that said that this isn't paired to any computer and is plug'n'play (makes these easier to steal if true...).

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Just a key and ignition, it isn’t the DESS lanyard.

BTW: our Mastercraft X-Star has a $30 standard ignition switch that can be replaced in 15 minutes. It comes down to the fact if a thief wants it nothing is going to stop them.

Thanks @ mikidymac

It sounds pretty straight forward to replace, but I have a electronic repair manual if anyone needs.

I'll probabaly grab new switch w/two keys. If Ifind the Mastercraft PN I'll pass it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back