2012 Speedster 150 HO - missing pump part?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gday

So I'm reassembling my pump after a rebuild. I've been watching various video's to help me and I'm curious as to what appears to be a missing/omitted part. From the pump mounting plate on the boat, there are two outlets and on the venturi are two inlets. The issue is that there is no path between the two as a part called a "water outlet" is "missing". One was not on my boat and one is not listed in the boats parts manual. Its not like I'm about to install something that should not be there but I'm curious as to why its seems omitted. At the 6:39 on this video you will see the water outlet being installed on a 2009 rxt 215 pump:
Its is part #6 on the attached 2009 rxt 215 part manual page. Any ideas why this part is not present on my boat or its part book?

-mick

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 9
I believe the design has changed slightly for the newer 4 tec boats. I recently replaced the impeller and wear ring on a 2010 155 hp speedster and also was puzzled as to what was going on here. The piece is essentially build into the pump housing. The interface of two small holes did not even have small o-rings. On mine there was some red material at the interface that appeared to be locktite. I am pretty sure this was the first time the pump was removed from the boat. When I reassembled I used a small dab of RTV sealant as a gasket at the two o-ring type interfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back