2012 Sea Doo GTI 130 SE, turns over fine, but won't start!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingingit

I just bought this in mid September and it's my first jet ski. I rode it with the original owner and it ran fine. I took it out the following weekend and had no issues with it. 2 weeks ago, I tried to start to flush all the water out to winterize it. I pushed the start/stop button, the LED lit up. I put on the DESS key, gave 2 beeps, and pushed the start button. It turned over fine, but wouldn't start. I pulled the spark plugs and checked the gap, was supposed to be at .030", but were at .025". Changed the gap to .030". they appeared to have gas on them and didn't appear to be fouled. I checked the battery and had about 12.5 volts at rest. The ski only has 50 hours on it. Any suggestions? Doesn't seem to be getting any spark!?, I guess.

iirc these skis go into flood mode when trying to start when giving it throttle, what came to mind when reading this. No expert on these but a possibility.

Thanks for your advice, I will consider it! I don't think that's it, although I did see in another forum that your not supposed to use the throttle to start it. I did try the throttle once, but only after trying to start several times. I'm guessing, I'm not getting any spark for some reason.

Thanks for your advice, I will consider it! I don't think that's it, although I did see in another forum that your not supposed to use the throttle to start it. I did try the throttle once, but only after trying to start several times. I'm guessing, I'm not getting any spark for some reason.
Update: I replaced the spark plugs and has been running fine ever since. Would have never guessed it would have been the spark plugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back