2012 RXT 260 engine performance issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukasava

Having trouble with my ski running correct and reaching top speed. Supercharger boost is intermittent. Ski would not go more than 40 mph. If you gun the throttle some time it has boost most times there is no boost. Ski has new throttle body, coil packs spark plugs and the supercharger was rebuilt by the dealer. Seems like an intermittent electrical issue to me and I see that Sea-Doo changed the part number on the harness that goes to the coil packs. Also have had issues with the ski reading the normal key. Any help appreciated

Cheapest suggestion is to invest in a Candoo pro to diagnose your ski. What alarms do you get? Did you check all rubber hoses to be tight?

Supercharger boost is never intermittent. It either has boost or it doesn't. How are you measuring the boost?

Chester

Cheapest suggestion is to invest in a Candoo pro to diagnose your ski. What alarms do you get? Did you check all rubber hoses to be tight?

Thanks for the info. I will check the hoses. I am not getting any alarms or check engine codes.

Supercharger boost is never intermittent. It either has boost or it doesn't. How are you measuring the boost?

Chester
Thanks for the info
Going off the boost gage and the rpms gauge The boost is definitely intermittent. When boost works ski reaches max rpms when you gun the throttle and with out boost it does not even come close to the max rpm.

Has the ski ever run correctly after the supercharger rebuild the dealer performed. Sounds like your supercharger clutch moment is not correct. There is a procedure in your service manual to check it.

Check the map sensor and or wiring to it. It measures 'boost' for the ECU and taylors spark/fuel to suit what it sees. If there is wiring issues to it, it will report no boost etc which will drop fuel which is even worse if there is indeed still boost present

Mine did the same thing last spring after having been stored. It ran great, I put it away with dealer winterizing, and left it in storage for one more entire year. Ran like crap, surging intermittently, mostly top speed was <50mph. After additional oil change, new sparks, new battery, it turned out to be a bad injector. There is a guy on ebay somewhere that rebuilds them (clean and checkout) and re-sells them for ~$100/set. He even pays you to return your old ones. I recommend swapping one at a time or check plugs after run and change the injector that makes the plug look different (need to run for 15 minutes to see the plug change.
Now it goes up to 70mph and jumps out of the water on launch like when it was new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back