2012 Challenger Exhasut Hose Disconnected, Need help Please!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Guys need some help, I have 2012 Challenger 180 SE 255 with 45 Hours on it,

was out on the lake yesterday for few hours, about a 1/2 mile from returning to dock doing about 40 MPH, boat suddenly makes a loud noise and loses all power, engine noise is strange. (defiantly didn't sound like something got stuck in in impeller)

Turn engine off and turn on, engine is gurgling/strange noise and wont go faster than 3-5 MPH. stalled once, tried starting boat up several times, it started and ending making it to the dock at about 3-5 MPH. (was not able to go any faster)

today I start checking the hull and notice, what I believe is the engine to exhaust clamp is disconnected( There is also a little bit of water at the bottom of hull also.)

I attached photo of the clamp that was loose. Is there any possibility of water in engine because of this?
I Operated boat to dock for about 10-15 minutes like this. Is there anything else I need to check? Or just clamp the hose back on and I'm good to go?

Any help /advice is appreciated!!

here is photo below I circled what is disconnected

UPDATE; Have connected exhaust hose, engine is revving at 3-4k rpms with loud engine noise. any ideas what else it could be?

video below

[video=youtube;BnamIrBYYms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnamIrBYYms&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
What you experienced is the low speed safety option or known as limp home mode. Once your exhaust system goes into high temp, the electronics limits the speed to prevent further cooking of stuff.

Ideally the positive pressure of the exhaust would prevent any water coming from the exhaust cooling system and flooding the engine from that side.

So clamp it down and I am thinking your missing the exhaust strap.

What you experienced is the low speed safety option or known as limp home mode. Once your exhaust system goes into high temp, the electronics limits the speed to prevent further cooking of stuff.

Ideally the positive pressure of the exhaust would prevent any water coming from the exhaust cooling system and flooding the engine from that side.

So clamp it down and I am thinking your missing the exhaust strap.

thank for the reply, I have reconnected the hose. Started the engine and it goes to Loud high RPMS at idle.

any idea what else to check?

You may still have an exhaust leak. Try to post a video of the engine bay with it running.

I have started it up several times now. engine will jump between 1800-2.2K rpms. Will start it again and it will go between 3-4K rpms with loud engine noise.

Anything else I should check for exhaust leaks other than the hose clamps?

here is a video of what engine sounds like at the moment any ideas??

[video=youtube;BnamIrBYYms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnamIrBYYms&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Check all your exhaust hose for cracks/splits. I had an exhaust elbow crack just under the clamp so I didn't realize until I took the piece off to look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back