2012 210 Challenger Battery Add Question !

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

studiocat13

Hey Guys,
I just purchased the Blue Seas Mini Add a Battery Plus system for my new 210 Challenger (Single Engine) and want to add a second deep cell battery on the opposite side of the engine compartment as the existing battery in order to better balance out the boat but want to know if these is anything under the fiberglass in that location to be aware of. I was going to purchase a group 29 plastic battery tray and then secure it to the fiberglass with liquid nails and short stainless steel screws. Any advice on this before I start drilling would be much appreciated.
BTW, I just upgraded the audio system to the boat, which wasn't fun at all...LOL but I can definitely help answer any questions you may have on that if your curious !

Thanks !
Brad

I have my second battery in that location. Originally the battery tray was just glued down, (bought the boat used) and it came loose. I'm not sure how thick the hull is in that location, so I used 3M 5200 to secure a pvc board and then screwed the battery tray to it. I'll try to remember to take a pic next time I'm out at the boat. I'm getting ready to start the "spring" updates. I see your other thread for the stereo updates, are you going with a single battery or more. I'm thinking of changing to having 2 group 34 batteries to power my stereo which I updated last year.

I have my second battery in that location. Originally the battery tray was just glued down, (bought the boat used) and it came loose. I'm not sure how thick the hull is in that location, so I used 3M 5200 to secure a pvc board and then screwed the battery tray to it. I'll try to remember to take a pic next time I'm out at the boat. I'm getting ready to start the "spring" updates. I see your other thread for the stereo updates, are you going with a single battery or more. I'm thinking of changing to having 2 group 34 batteries to power my stereo which I updated last year.

Since I only have the one amp, I am looking to just add a group 29 deep cell to the existing start battery. I really don't see needing more than that at the moment. With the Blue Sea System it is very easy to just connect the system to AC power when back home to fully charge everything for the next trip if needed. I like the JL stuff too but they are a little pricey, great stuff just pricey. Would love to see some pics of your setup !

Here's a pic, I added 2 captive nuts into the motor mount area and 2 bolts to help hold the pvc board. The fiberglass where I installed the nuts was thinner that I expected and I'm not sure how much it helps.
20180402_185029[1].jpg

Here's a pic, I added 2 captive nuts into the motor mount area and 2 bolts to help hold the pvc board. The fiberglass where I installed the nuts was thinner that I expected and I'm not sure how much it helps.
View attachment 34405
Thanks Kernal, Im going to try and use the same adhesive you suggested and then just use it to glue the plastic battery tray to that location. Might add a couple short stainless screws for safety. Thanks for the pics and info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back