2011 challenger 180 with 85 hours - rebuild the SC?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I will be picking the new boat in the next week or so. It is a 2011 challanger SE 255 with 85 hours on it. I know it's the new titanium sc washer, but what about the age?

I know one of the mods on here is an expert on the subject and rebuilds them all the time - any input would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, you both should rebuild them. Way too much time has passed. 6 & 7 years, those bearings will fail soon.

Chester

Yes, you both should rebuild them. Way too much time has passed. 6 & 7 years, those bearings will fail soon.

Chester
Thanks for the prompt reply Chester. What exactly would cause the failure in terms of years? I couldn't find much info asides than the fact the older ceramic washers had a plastic piece which over time may become brittle and crack (hence why they needed to be replaced every 2 years).

Thanks!

I had a customer that had only 55 hours on his and the bearings failed at 5 years old.

Chester

The plastic cages in the bearings get old and brittle. Not the washers.

Chester

The new rebuild kits from PWCSS etc. have metal cages so you can go by just hours instead, not sure if the oem bearings are upgraded or not. Yes get the kit to rebuild it, if you can't do it yourself then send it to the dealer or one of the guys on this site who rebuilds them.

Only use OEM. I do not recommend using any bearing with metal cages in the supercharger. Metal cages are designed for low to medium RPM whereas the plastic cages are for high RPM. The supercharger spins upto 45,000 RPM.

Chester

PWC Muscle did my superchargers last year and we just sent off my buddy's earlier this week. The shipping and rebuild cost are less than $100, why would you not have a professional rebuild it? There are some special tools and tight tolerances to deal with. So much easier to have them do it. Quick turnaround time too.

I am tempted to do that once it arrives!
Do you know the aprox box dimensions and weight of a super charger? Just researching the cost to ship it down to you.

Thanks
They are about 8lbs. Price will be around $40 usd for shipping I am guessing. Should still save quite a bit over the local dealers costs. You are in Canada right? PM me and I can get you a more accurate quote if you are serious about sending it to us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back